Voot to launch 12 short-films in Feb produced by Tipping Point
MUMBAI: Viacom18-owned video on demand (VoD) platform Voot will launch 12 new short films under the Voot Originals banner. The short films have been produced by Viacom18 Studios’ digital content arm Tipping Point.
The first five films will go live from 8th February, followed by four short films on 15th February and three short films on 22nd February. The 12 short-films are spread across multiple genres of drama, adventure, and mystery with varied plots set across India.
Speaking about Shortcuts, Viacom 18 Digital Ventures Head Marketing and Partnerships Akash Banerji said, “At Voot, we have been focused on providing high decibel engagement and immersive content experience to our users. VOOT Original Shortcuts Produced by Tipping Point allows us to leverage synergies and add to the content diversity of Voot. We are sure that the distinctive narrative and unique storytelling is sure to intrigue audiences and gather significant interest.”
Commenting on the launch, Viacom18 Studios COO Ajit Andhare said, “The purpose of Tipping Point is to tell edgy, provocative stories and narratives missed out in the mainstream. These are targeted for personal consumption on a mobile or a tablet. Our maiden production for VOOT in the form of 12 exciting short films seeks to make a big impact amongst digital viewers with this eclectic bunch of stories.”
The opening set of ‘Shortcuts’ will showcase Derma, Googly, Joy Ride, Bauma and Chacha, and Cheetah’s trip starting 08th February 2019 followed by Glitch, Grey, Aun and Teaspoon going live on 15th February. The third tranche of short films on Voot will showcase Maya, On the Road and Red Velvet on 22nd February 2019.
Here’s a quick introduction to the first set of stories releasing on 08th February:
- Derma – The story of a man whose life turns upside down after he gets a tattoo made by a mystical man in the mountains. The intriguing saga is a unique take on the circle of Karma.
- Joyride – A road trip that takes Raunak amid the wilderness on an unusual road trip, ignoring the perils of a menacing folktale as challenged by his friend. What follows is an extraordinary tale of the unforeseen.
- Bouma (Bengali) – Set in the heart of Kolkata, Bouma is the story of a middle-aged couple in the 1960s, living their mundane lives. A nagging husband is diagnosed with cancer and the wife agrees to donate his organs to his scientist friend after he dies. What she does with her husband’s still-conscious head after death culminates to a climax, which is both funny and dark.
- Chacha and Cheetah’s trip will take the protagonists on an adventure of a lifetime. It is a story of two marijuana enthusiasts who after smoking the mythical and legendary windmill joint take an unusual trip.
- Ishq Ki Googly – A story of a husband who plans to murder the illicit lover of his wife, but things go bizarrely out of the plan, thereby compelling him to play this game of love.
- Teaspoon – Series of incidents become ingredients for a Molotov cocktail that leads to a disturbing end.
- Red Velvet – What happens when unusual incidents take place at a household when a ten-year-old boy enters home.
- On the Road – A story with unusual coincidences happening on a night drive of Aravind on the way home.
- Aun A(U)N Usual Day – Aun details the problem faced by a photographer against a tribal man who lacks wisdom due to the dearth of human interaction.
- Maya – Maya is the story of a young independent working woman living in Mumbai with her mother, who suffers from incontinence.
- Grey – A unique take on murder, investigation between an autistic man and an inane cop.
- Glitch – An interesting tale of time traveling.