TRAI extends deadline for submission of comments on DTH platform services CP
MUMBAI: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has extended the deadline for submission of draft regulation titled ‘Consultation Paper on Platform Services offered by DTH Operators’ to 4th October.
The TRAI had released a draft regulation titled ‘Consultation Paper on Platform Services offered by DTH Operators’ on 28th August 2019 inviting written comments from stakeholders by 27th September 2019.
On request of some of the stakeholders, the last date for receipt of written comments has been extended up to 4th October 2019. It has also been decided that no request for any further extension of time for submission of comments shall be entertained.
Issues for Consultation
- Do you think programmes of the PS should be exclusively available on one single DTH operators’ network only to qualify as a PS channel for the DPO? Should there be any sharing of such programmes with other DPOs? If yes, please provide justification and if no, the reasons thereof.
- In case answer to Question 1 is no, how it can be ensured that programmes of the PS are exclusively available only on single DTH operators’ network? What conditions are to be imposed in registration/license/guidelines?
- Is there a need to revisit/review the earlier recommendations of the Authority dated 11th November, 2014, relating to keeping recording of all PS channel programs for a period of 90 days and maintaining a written log/ register of such program for a period of 1 year by the DPO from the date of broadcast and the role of Authorised Officer and the State/ District Monitoring Committee and MIB as monitoring authorities.
- What should be the Registration fee/Annual fee for PS per channel? And how it is to be estimated?
How many PS channels are to be allowed to DTH operators? and Why?
- Whether PS channels should be placed separately on EPG to distinguish them from regular TV channels? If yes, how these channels are to be placed?
- Should there be any provision for displaying name and sequence number of PS channels in a particular font size under the heading ‘PS’ or ‘Value Added Services’ on TV screen so as to distinguish them from the regular TV channels? If yes, please provide justification.
- Should PS channels be also categorised in specific genre such as ‘Devotional’ or ‘General Entertainment’ or ‘Infotainment’ or ‘Kids’ or ‘Movies’ or ‘Music’ or ‘News and Current Affairs’ or ‘Sports’ or ‘Miscellaneous’? Please provide proper justification for your answer.
Stakeholders may also provide their comments on any other issue relevant to the present consultation.