Top political minds converge at an intriguing session of Shikhar Sammelan 2019
MUMBAI: As the nation inches closer to the outcome of General Elections 2019, ABP News organized Shikhar Sammelan in the capital city today. The conclave discussed the issues of national interest, addressed by leaders across political parties amid the ongoing Lok Sabha elections.
Renowned personalities and statesmen present at the event were Shri Nitin Gadkari (Union minister for road transport and highways, water resources and river development), Shri Prakash Javdekar (Union HRD Minister), Shri Sambit Patra (National spokesperson BJP), Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman (Defence Minister), Shri Piyush Goyal (Minister of Railways and Coal), Gautam Gambhir (Former Cricketer and BJP candidate from East Delhi constituency), Shri Manoj Tiwari (Delhi BJP chief and North East Delhi candidate), Shri Kiren Rijiju (Minister of State for Home Affairs), Shri. Abhishek Manu Singhvi (Senior Party Leader – Congress), Shri Rajiv Shukla (Congress Leader) and Shri Salman Khurshid (Congress Leader).
On the occasion, Mr. Avinash Pandey, CEO, ABP News Network said, “As General elections 2019 completes the fifth phase of polling, we can see a lot of enthusiasm around the upcoming government. Today’s Shikhar Sammelan also saw a lot of engaging conversations and expectations from ruling and opposition parties for the mega result of the biggest festival of democracy.
He added, “ABP’s Shikhar Sammelan has always garnered immense popularity amongst our viewers and the event has always ruled the viewership chart.”
Shikhar Sammelan is a unique platform that deliberates on the fundamentally pertinent issues which are of significance to the common man. It also provides an opportunity to both the ruling government and the opposition to debate on the challenges and the way forward for the country.
- Shri Nitin Gadkari (Union minister for road transport and highways, water resources and river development) – The 2019 election is different from 2014 Lok Sabha elections. The Modi government has done what was not done in the last 50 years and the country is witnessing progress and work at a rapid pace on all fronts under leadership of PM Modi. The party will therefore get positive votes. There are thirteen projects underway in Delhi for cleaning up the Yamuna and massive work is underway for cleaning up Yamuna along the banks of Mathura, Agra and Etawah.
- Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman (Defence Minister) – A mission of baseless campaigns and false allegations is run by Rahul Gandhi on Rafale issue. It is like riding a tiger. He got on the tiger and doesn’t know how to get off. He faltered very badly when he said that SC has agreed that Chowkidar is a thief.
- Shri Piyush Goyal (Minister of Railways and Coal) – The BJP shall make massive inroads in WestBengal during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections and the NDA shall get a two-thirds majority.
- Shri Abhishek Manu Singhvi (Senior Party Leader – Congress) – Congress President Rahul Gandhi did not apologize for coining the ‘chowkidar chor hai’ slogan but for attributing it to the Supreme Court.
- Shri Salman Khurshid (Congress Leader) – PM Modi is not a good symbol for the country’s direction. The language PM used is not the language of a prime minister. There is a difference between the deceased and the present, and the PM should not use such words for a deceased leader. In Uttar Pradesh, SP and BSP do not have the courage to fight alone and they have resorted to one another. If there was a Congress coalition with the SP-BSP in UP then it would have been tough for the BJP and its seats would come down.