Star Sports kicks off dedicated programming for Asia Cup
MUMBAI: Star Sports has offered fans dedicated programming for Asia Cup starting 2 September leading up to the highly anticipated tournament of neighbours from the Asian subcontinent.
The list of special programming includes Follow the Blues, Star Sports’ flagship property. An exclusive show for cricket fans around the world to follow their favourite men in blue and follow their off-field journey in a never seen before avatar. For Asia Cup, three special episodes will be aired on 16th, 23rd and 30th September respectively.
In addition to the Follow the Blues, riding on the success of the surround programming for IPL 2018, Star Sports has curated a host of other non-live and surround programming for the upcoming Asia Cup.
‘Opening Spell’ – Non-Live Shows to be broadcast between 8 to 10 am on Star Sports 1 Hindi and Star Sports First:
- Game Plan – Padosi Se Panga: Expert from each team, does a SWOT for their respective teams/team focus shows
- Cricket Countdown: Shows based on performances in Asia cup across teams (Close finishes/ Upsets/ Records/Celebrations/Performances/Moments)
- Best of Asia Cup: Stories capturing the drama and excitement of key Asia Cup Matches – Theme 1- The best of India vs Pakistan in the Asia Cup, Theme 2- Legends of Asia, Theme 3- Close encounters, Theme 4- Rise of Afghanistan, and Theme 5- Rivalry.
- India vs Pakistan Special: The best encounters between India and Pakistan over the years.
- Sledge Hammer: Best of Sledging Moments between the Asian neighbours
- Frenemies: 3 episodes showcasing conversation between 2 players talking about their rivalry moments and camaraderie during competitive cricket
During the tournament:
- Match highlights: 7 am
- Daily shows: Match Point (English) and Cricket Countdown (Hindi) at 9.30 am
- Follow the Blues: Three special episodes on 16th, 23rd and 30th September
Fans can catch the LIVE coverage of Asia Cup 2018 exclusively on the Star Sports network and Hotstar in English, Hindi and Tamil.