Discovery India makes organisational changes to intensify focus on key strategic areas
MUMBAI: Discovery India has made organisational changes which will help intensify focus in key strategic areas. With Discovery no longer looking at Hindi general entertainment after the debacle of Discovery Jeet, the erstwhile division of roles on the basis of mass and premium networks has been done away with.
Instead, the broadcaster explained that the new structure has distinct verticals for content development and marketing to drive deeper focus and offer greater leverage across the 13 network channels. A dedicated vertical for digital has also been created.
The company announced that Issac John will take on the role of Business Head for Digital with singular focus to build a strong D2C presence via Digital Product offerings. Sai Abishek will lead the content vertical for factual and lifestyle entertainment while Vednarayan Sirdeshpande will take over marketing portfolio for the network including factual, lifestyle and kids as well as trade.
This reorganisation comes at a time when Discovery has decided to step away from entertainment and focus on what it is strong at- infotainment, kids, lifestyle and the whitespace of digital.
Earlier, Zulfia Waris had quit as VP premium and digital networks. Prior to that, Sameer Rao had quit his position as VP, head mass entertainment following the debacle of Discovery Jeet.
Discovery India MD South Asia Megha Tata said, “We have made select changes in our org structure in light of the opportunities available in the evolving media landscape. The sharper focus on functional areas will help us become more potent, more agile.”
- Vijay Rajput – senior VP affiliate sales, product distribution
- Vikram Tanna – VP, head ad sales and regional clusters business head
- Ruchir Jain- finance senior director
- Gaurav Garg – consumer insights and research senior director
- Issac John – digital business director
- Uttam Pal Singh – Discovery Kids channel head
- Sai Abishek – Factual and Lifestyle Entertainment director, content
- Vednarayan Sirdeshpande – marketing director
- Ruchi Kuthiala – Director – Director People and Culture
- Mansha Shukla – Legal Affairs director
- Sameer Bajaj – corporate communications and external affairs director
- Praveen Chaudhary – associate director – strategy