Viacom18’s new office promotes collaboration and innovation with the theme of ‘#OneTogether’ !
MUMBAI: Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd, one of India’s fastest growing media and entertainment conglomerates, has added a brand new address in Mumbai to accommodate its rapidly increasing workforce. The new office, which is a stone’s throw away from the company’s Headquarters in Vile Parle East in Mumbai is an exciting new addition as it dispenses away with cabins and instead focuses on getting the people to team up more by providing them collaborative workspaces. As one of the leading media and entertainment companies in the country, Viacom18 believes that growth is driven by an inclusive culture that encourages innovation through engaged collaboration and the new office is designed as a testament to this belief.
Unified under the concept of ‘#OneTogether’, each floor of the six storey building has a customized design theme that is representative of brand Viacom18 as well as the specific brand housed on that floor. The idea behind the design of the office premise is simple- it is a playground for different brands, each unique, each iconic in its category. They all have their own distinct identity for the end consumer, and yet they all work under the banner of Viacom18.
Elaborating on the idea behind #OneTogether and the need to create a concept for what could otherwise have been just a facilities extension project, Mr. Sudhanshu Vats, Group CEO, Viacom18 commented, “Viacom18 houses some of the country’s most iconic brands. While designing the new office, we wanted to encapsulate the diverse ethos of the individual brands into the singular identity of the mother brand. The optimal way to establish this was to create a theme that celebrated and unified the two opposing identities – the individual and the universal – OneTogether. While each floor bears an individual brand’s footprint, meeting rooms, hot desks, collaboration spaces et al, are universal properties and can be used by teams from our other offices in the city as well. Furthermore, we used open office space design to anchor this theme throughout the premises.”
The writ of ‘#OneTogether’ runs deep as elements and ethos of every brand of the network is woven into the design of the new office. From sculpted installations and graffiti walls to funky stickered glass partitions, quirk and intrigue is woven throughout the new office. For instance; as one lands on the first floor, it shows four human figures sharing a pair of headphones, this is the floor that houses MTV. The second floor installation shows four human figures under none other than Charlie Chaplin’s hat. Apt, for the floor that houses the Comedy Central teams. In this way the design reflects the different brands, each unique, each iconic in its category.
An extensive internal communications campaign on the theme of ‘#OneTogether’ was conceptualized and executed over a period of 4 weeks, across the Mumbai offices to create excitement over the move to the new address. The campaign gave a sneak peek into the facilities for both – those moving to the new building as well as employees who remained at the Headquarters but could use the facilities in the new building. It involved using various media for communication, through installations, creative mailers and giveaways that created a buzz and anticipation for the move. Sudhanshu Vats, Group CEO, Viacom18, gave employees a sneak peek into the new office through a walkthrough video: https://www.facebook.com/viacom18digital/videos/1290426601012686/
Some of the unique features of the workspace include:
- An open plan encouraging conversation and collaboration amongst employees. The new office dispenses away with cabins completely (even for the Leadership team)
- The new office is also LEED Gold certified Green office, helping to efficiently conserve natural resources such as water and manage waste effectively.
- The office has a good balance of spaces for solo thinking with special ‘think pods.’ These are anti-social corners for private conversations and even a large terrace and patio to allow for private undisturbed time.
- 37 meeting rooms to allow for brainstorming on different ideas. These can be used by employees across offices.
- The new office is interspersed with Vertical Gardens to increase the green quotient as well as sensor lighting for efficient use of resources
- Additionally, the office features standing workstations as well as a fitness, recreation room, and in-house doctor room
- The office also has a ‘Jam Room’ for the musically inclined, massage chairs and even a game room!
- The cafeteria is equipped with a live kitchen and extensive menu
The goal of the new workspace design, is to offer art and expression through spaces that surround the employees and make a long hard day at work pleasing to the eye and exciting to be immersed in. Viacom18’s creative culture is reflected throughout the new office and it is an apt space for a powerhouse of diverse talent and energy.