- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Siddharth Roy Kapur launches production house with multiple projects
MUMBAI: After resigning from Disney India to start his own venture, Siddharth Roy Kapur has launched his own production house, Roy Kapur Films (RKF).
Multiple projects will be released under his new production house. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh commented, “Siddharth Roy Kapur has launched new production house. Production house is called Roy Kapur Films [RKF] and will start multiple films.”
Adarsh further revealed that RKF is working on three projects, one of which is with Aamir Khan on an upcoming biopic of astronaut Rakesh Sharma.
The second project of RKF happens to be the true story of a man named Vijendra Singh who found his wife after a 19-month search in the Uttarakhand floods in 2013.
The third film is the story of a young entrepreneur, Varun Agarwal, which is being directed by ‘Dangal’ fame Nitesh Tiwari.
IANS also reported that the Rakesh Sharma biopic will be jointly produced by Aamir Khan, Kapur and Ronnie Screwvala under their banners AKP, RKF and RSVP respectively. The film will be directed by Mahesh Mathai and is scheduled to release in 2018. Earlier, Khan and Kapur collaborated on several film projects such as ‘Rang De Basanti, ‘Delhi Belly’, ‘PK’ and ‘Dangal’.
The launch of RKF has further intensified the competition among production houses in the Hindi film industry. Though a new entrant, Kapur has an added advantage given his experience with UTV Motion Pictures and Disney India.