- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Narendra Modi ‘Most Effective World Leader’ on Google+
Mumbai: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is the most effective world leader on Google+, according to a research report released by Burson-Marsteller.
American president Barack Obama, however, grabs the top slot and is the most followed world leader on Google+ with 6.2 million followers, almost twice as many as the White House (+WhiteHouse) with 3.2 million followers.
The White House is in the second position with an average of 594 interactions on its four posts and HH Sheikh Mohamed received 462 interactions on his single post in 2016.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi (+NarendraModi) is in the third place with nearly 3.1 million followers. The +EuropeanCommission is in fourth place with 1.6 million followers and UK Prime Minister David Cameron is in fifth position with more than a million followers.
HH Sheikh Mohammed, the Prime Minister of the UAE, the government of the Philippines, India’s Foreign Ministry +MEAIndia, the government of Brazil, and Spain’s Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy also make the top 10 list of the most-followed Google+ pages. Eight pages surveyed do not display the number of followers.
Modi’s posts get on average 1,899 interactions and he has received 478,000 likes, comments and shares on his publications in 2016.
However, only a third of these pages were active in the past six months and very few on a regular basis; 122 pages have been dormant for more than six months and 55 pages have never posted content. While all of the pages combined have 22,270,176 followers in total, the engagement rate of the pages surveyed is often well below 1%.
Fifty-four pages are officially verified and carry an official verification badge. Only a quarter of all pages have a custom URL preceded by the + symbol and only slightly more than half of the pages have uploaded a custom header picture.