- 11 CRPF Personnel Die In Encounter With Maoists In Chhattisgarh's Sukma
- Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Army canteens suspend sale
- Underworld don Chhota Rajan held guilty in fake passport case
- J&K: PDP leader Abdul Gani Dar shot dead in Pulwama
- SC orders reinstatement of TP Senkumar as Kerala DGP
- PM Modi Bats For Advancing Fiscal Year To Speed Up Development
- US accuses Infosys and TCS of cheating in H-1B lottery to unfairly corner lion's share of visas
- Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami raises NEET, Cauvery issues at NITI Aayog meeting
- Tamil Nadu FM offers to quit as AIADMK groups begin merger talks
Local content is a key part of Amazon Prime Video’s strategy in India. The local team is being expanded, more and more top-end content is being acquired or created and there is intent to make substantial investments in the Indian market. In fact, India is one of the few markets where Amazon has a regional production hub.
Star’s OTT platform Hotstar is a key piece in the India growth story of 21st Century Fox, CFO John Nallen said. Hotstar has become the 2nd TV in a market where single TV is norm. The consumption on Hotstar and Star’s channels are driven by 17,000 hours of local content that the Indian subsidiary creates every year.