- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
USIBC to host roundtable with TRAI chairman on 7 Oct
MUMBAI: The United States India Business Council (USIBC) will host an exclusive roundtable discussion with Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman RS Sharma on digitisation and the phases that the government of India has undertaken to ensure all its citizens are digitally connected.
Restricted only to USIBC members, the roundtable will be held on 7 October in Washington DC.
The USIBC is the business advocacy organisation dedicated to strengthening the economic and commercial relationship between the United States and India.
Sharma, a 1978 IAS batch officer of the Jharkhand cadre, took charge as TRAI chairman on 10 August.
Prior to TRAI, he served as secretary in the Department of Electronics and Information Technology. Additionally, he worked as chief secretary in the Jharkhand government as well as DG and mission director of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Sharma holds a master’s degree in mathematics from IIT Kanpur as well as a master’s degree in computer science from the University of California.