- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
USIBC to host roundtable with TRAI chairman on 7 Oct
MUMBAI: The United States India Business Council (USIBC) will host an exclusive roundtable discussion with Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman RS Sharma on digitisation and the phases that the government of India has undertaken to ensure all its citizens are digitally connected.
Restricted only to USIBC members, the roundtable will be held on 7 October in Washington DC.
The USIBC is the business advocacy organisation dedicated to strengthening the economic and commercial relationship between the United States and India.
Sharma, a 1978 IAS batch officer of the Jharkhand cadre, took charge as TRAI chairman on 10 August.
Prior to TRAI, he served as secretary in the Department of Electronics and Information Technology. Additionally, he worked as chief secretary in the Jharkhand government as well as DG and mission director of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Sharma holds a master’s degree in mathematics from IIT Kanpur as well as a master’s degree in computer science from the University of California.