- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
USIBC to host roundtable with TRAI chairman on 7 Oct
MUMBAI: The United States India Business Council (USIBC) will host an exclusive roundtable discussion with Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) chairman RS Sharma on digitisation and the phases that the government of India has undertaken to ensure all its citizens are digitally connected.
Restricted only to USIBC members, the roundtable will be held on 7 October in Washington DC.
The USIBC is the business advocacy organisation dedicated to strengthening the economic and commercial relationship between the United States and India.
Sharma, a 1978 IAS batch officer of the Jharkhand cadre, took charge as TRAI chairman on 10 August.
Prior to TRAI, he served as secretary in the Department of Electronics and Information Technology. Additionally, he worked as chief secretary in the Jharkhand government as well as DG and mission director of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
Sharma holds a master’s degree in mathematics from IIT Kanpur as well as a master’s degree in computer science from the University of California.