- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
MIB to take informed decision on TRAI’s infrastructure sharing proposal for TV broadcast sector: Rathore
MIB will take an “informed decision” on the sharing of infrastructure in television broadcasting sector as suggested by the TRAI, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore said.
Inactive DTH subscribers are growing at above 5% for the last two quarters ending Dec, data provided by TRAI showed. It rose 5.2% QoQ to reach 34.4 mn in quarter ended 31 Dec. Active subscriber base rose 1.2% to 62.65 mn. Overall, total subscriber base of the private DTH operators increased 2.57% to 97.05 mn.
Two-member bench comprising Justice Nagamuthu and Justice Anita Sumanth has recused itself from hearing TRAI tariff order and interconnection regulation case. A petition to the Chief Justice claimed that Justice Nagamuthu had sought P Chidambaram’s help in becoming the judge. The matter will be heard by a new bench.
While recommending infrastructure sharing among MSOs, LCOs, HITS and DTH operators on a voluntary basis, TRAI has asked MIB to make suitable amendments to licence conditions. The move would reduce capex, lower entry barriers for new players and provide more bandwidth for niche channels to reach targeted customers.
Madras HC refuses to pass interim order on Star and Vijay TV’s petition seeking a stay on TRAI’s tariff order and interconnection regulation following undertaking by the latter. TRAI tells HC that order and regulation will only come into force a month from date of publishing in gazette. Tariff order and interconnection will be published on 3 Apr and will come into effect from 3 May.