- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
TRAI to hold open house on draft model, standard interconnection deals on 28 Jan
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will hold an open house discussion on draft model and standard interconnection agreements between multi-system operator (MSO) and local cable operator (LCO) for offering cable TV services through digital addressable systems (DAS) in New Delhi on 28 January.
The registration time is 9.30 am while the conference will begin at 10 am. The OHD will be held at PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry, PHD House, 4/2, Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, New Delhi – 110016.
The authority had released draft model and standard interconnection agreements between MSOs and LCOs on 9 December 2015 for seeking comments and counter comments from stakeholders.
The interconnection regulation for DAS provides that no MSO shall provide signal of TV channels to an LCO without entering into a written interconnection agreement. The interconnection regulation further provides that the interconnection agreement between the MSO and its linked LCO shall have the details of various activities rendered by LCOs and MSOs, and the revenue settlement between the parties for these services.
According to TRAI, the model and standard interconnection agreements have been devised with an objective to reduce the disputes between MSOs and LCOs
The draft contains necessary terms and conditions to ensure the compliance of the regulatory framework available for DAS and to provide a level playing field to the MSOs and LCOs. The draft agreement also lists roles and responsibilities, as well as rights and obligations of each party separately.
The last date for sending comments and counter comments was 31 December 2015 and 7 January 2016 respectively.