- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
TRAI to hold OHD on ‘Migration to IP-based Networks’ on 2 Dec
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will hold an open-house discussion on 2 December on “Migration to IP-based Networks”. The OHD will be held at India International Centre, New Delhi.
The TRAI had released a consultation paper on ‘Migration to IP-based Networks’ in June. The important issues for consultation are: IP inter-connection issues, co-existence of legacy network with IP-based networks, requirement of regulatory intervention in IP-based interconnection, interconnection requirement for application and content service providers, quality of service issues, and various other operational issues, such as sharing of network elements and emergency numbering.
Traditional telecommunication systems are migrating to more powerful and viable IP-based telecommunication systems. Migration to IP-based network will result in co-existence of legacy network along with IP-based network.
The new IP-based network, coupled with its co-existence with legacy network, will give rise to several operational, interconnection and quality-of-service issues that need to be addressed for the successful migration to IP-based networks.