- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
TRAI to formulate policy for broadcasting sector with 2020 in sight
NEW DELHI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is going to come out with a policy framework for the broadcasting sector with a vision till 2020. For this purpose, the regulatory authority has started a two-day seminar beginning Thursday.
“The objective of the seminar is to draft a blueprint for the policy and regulatory roadmap for digital broadcasting in India with vision of 2020,” TRAI said.
Experts from India and abroad will discuss issues, challenges and emerging trend for the broadcasting sector. The seminar will look at re-defining existing business models, understanding evolving technologies , innovation, trends and changing consumer dynamics.
“The telecommunication and broadcasting sectors are at the cusp of another change – transition from voice to data and finally to converged services. In this scenario, TRAI is gearing up to meet the future challenges and this seminar is one of the steps in this direction,” TRAI said.