- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
TRAI extends time to send comments on tariff issues related to commercial subs
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India ( TRAI) has extended the last date for receipt of written comments/views on consultation paper on ‘Tariff Issues related to Commercial Subscribers’ to 7 August and counter comments, if any, to 14 August.
The authority also said that it would not allow any further request for extension of time for submission of comments/ counter comments.
TRAI had released a consultation paper on ‘Tariff Issues related to Commercial Subscribers’ on 14 July inviting written comments from the stakeholders by 31 July and counter comments, if any, by 7 August.
The comments may be sent preferably in electronic form to TRAI Advisor (B&CS) Wasi Ahmad on the email address advbcS@trai.gov.in or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The consultation paper on commercial subscribers seeks to examine whether there is a need to classify subscribers of TV services into ordinary and commercial.
In case the subscribers are classified into such categories, then (i) examine various criteria for classification of subscribers of TV services, (ii) examine the need for differential tariffs among different subscriber categories, (iii) examine who should prescribe tariffs for different subscriber categories, and (iv) examine the adequacy of current framework to ensure transparency and accountability across the value chain for commercial subscribers and to minimise conflicts among stakeholders.