- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
TDSAT impleads Videocon d2h in ‘twin conditions’ case relating to a la carte pricing
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has allowed direct-to-home (DTH) operator Videocon d2h and consumer forum Sopan Foundation to implead in the ‘twin conditions’ case.
Videocon d2h counsel Sandeep Ladda and Sopan Foundation counsels Vivek Sarin and Ashish Kumar were granted time to file their written submissions within two weeks. The reply to the submissions can be filed within two weeks thereafter. Rejoinder, if any, may be filed within two weeks thereafter.
Meanwhile, Star India counsel Shilpa Gupta and ZEEL counsel Kunal Vats were permitted three weeks’ time by the TDSAT to file their rejoinder to the reply filed by respondent TRAI.
The matter has been put up under the same head on 23 February.
ZEEL had challenged TRAI’s ‘twin conditions’ that state that (a) the a la carte rate of a pay channel forming part of a bouquet shall not exceed two times its RIO rate offered by the broadcaster for addressable systems; and (b) sum of a la carte rates of all the channels in the bouquet shall not exceed three times the bouquet rate.
Apart from the twin conditions, the broadcaster also challenged the rollback of 27.5% non-addressable tariff hike case. Star India, Indian Broadcasting Foundation and Airtel Digital TV have also been impleaded in that matter.