- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
TDSAT directs UCN to restore Star India’s signals to Raj Cable Network
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has directed multi-system operator (MSO) UCN Cable Network to restore signals of Star India to local cable operator (LCO) Raj Cable Network.
The tribunal also directed the MSO to ensure that the LCO receives the IndiaCast and Taj Television channels. The LCO was directed not to transmit through its network the signals received from any MSO other than UCN until further orders.
The tribunal also warned that if the channels of IndiaCast and Taj Television were discontinued to the LCO at the instance of the MSO, it would be viewed as a case of deliberate contempt and the MSO would have to bear the consequences.
The LCO claimed that the MSO had disconnected, without authorisation, the supply of Star, IndiaCast and Taj Television channels to its network.
While admitting that the signals of Star India channels had been disconnected, UCN Cable Network counsel Vikram Singh stated that the signals of Taj Television and IndiaCast channels were not discontinued.
The tribunal directed UCN to file its reply within two weeks. Rejoinder, if any, may be filed within one week from the date of receipt of a copy of the reply.
The matter has been put up under the same head on 19 November.
The LCO had earlier filed a suit in the court of Civil Judge Yavatmal not knowing the proper forum for redressal of its grievances. The suit was called out before the court of the Civil Judge and the next date fixed is 27 October. However, the LCO has maintained in the petition that the suit will be withdrawn.