- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
TDSAT bars Jaipur LCOs from taking signals from MSOs other than Hathway
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) stated that Hathway Cable & Datacom would be the only multi-system operator (MSO) to supply signals to local cable operators (LCO) affiliated to Rajasthan Cable Operators Foundation, Jaipur, after it came to light that the LCOs were taking signals from another MSO in Jaipur city.
The tribunal also restrained the LCOs from migrating to any other MSO except in accordance with the provisions of the TRAI regulations. While adjourning the matter to 22 August, the tribunal directed the foundation to file its reply to Hathway’s application within two weeks.
Hathway counsel JK Mehta submitted that the LCOs affiliated to the foundation were in gross violation of the tribunal’s 9 December order as they had not paid subscription fee amounting to Rs 2.21 crore (Rs 22.1 million).
He further pointed out that the LCOs were getting signals free from another MSO named Home Television Network.
Mehta was seeking directions from the tribunal for retraining LCOs from taking signals from any other MSO except Hathway until the tribunal’s final decision on the matter.