- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
TDSAT asks Star and Siti Cable to reconcile accounts
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal ( TDSAT) has restrained Star India from giving effect to its disconnection notice to multi-system operator (MSO) Siti Cable.
The tribunal has also asked both the parties to conduct reconciliation of accounts. It has put up the matter for hearing on 5 February.
Furthermore, the tribunal has asked Siti Cable to make payment of Rs 10 crore (Rs 100 million) to the broadcaster and also submit necessary subscriber reports.
Siti Cable had last week moved the TDSAT against Star India’s disconnection notice over outstanding dues in digital addressable system (DAS) areas.
The outstanding amount is for the period between the end of a previous agreement and the beginning of a new one.
Star had also issued disconnection notices to two joint ventures of DEN Networks, namely CCN DEN Network and DEN ADN Network, for non-payment of subscription fees and non-submission of SMS reports.