- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
TDSAT asks BECIL to ensure no manipulation of Sun data while auditing Digicable SMS
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has asked the Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL) to ensure that data from Digicable’s subscriber management system (SMS) concerning Sun Distribution Services (SDS) is not manipulated to give any false reports in future. This is in case BECIL withholds the audit on the ground that it may damage the systems of the multi-system operator (MSO).
While disposing of the application, the tribunal allowed SDS to also have its representative present at the time of the audit of Digicable’s SMS by BECIL.
By an interim order dated 26 May, SDS was restrained from conducting an audit of Digicable’s technical system till 24 July on the ground that the MSO was currently engaged in the replacement of its SMS.
The tribunal allowed SDS to conduct audit of Digicable’s system since in a similar case involving Digicable and IndiaCast it had allowed the latter to conduct an audit of former’s system.
SDS had filed an application for a direction so that the audit by BECIL also addresses the apprehensions and suspicions regarding Digicable’s technical system.