- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
TDSAT allows Rajasthan LCOs to clear Hathway’s dues in two tranches
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has allowed local cable operators (LCOs) affiliated to Rajasthan Cable Operators Foundation (RCOF) to clear dues to multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable & Datacom in two instalments.
In pursuance of the previous order and as an ad hoc arrangement, Hathway counsel Jayant K Mehta gave a computation concerning the monthly subscription fee payable by each of the 65 LCOs represented in this petition for the months of August and September 2015.
GS Oberoi, counsel appearing for RCOF, stated that the LCOs would certainly make payments based on the computation.
However, he also submitted that the payment of the dues for the two mentioned months might be done in two instalments.
He also submitted that the LCOs would pay half of the dues for the two months, along with the payment for the month of December, as well as the balance along with the payment for the month January 2016.
The tribunal clarified that these payments were ad hoc in nature and without prejudice to the rights and contentions of either side and would be in line with the final decision in the petition.
The matter will be placed before the assistant registrar on 22 December for getting the pleadings completed, framing of issues and taking evidences.