- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
RS Sharma likely to take charge as TRAI chairman
NEW DELHI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will have another bureaucrat as its chairman. Ram Sewak Sharma, currently serving as secretary in the department of electronics and information technology, is set to replace Rahul Khullar.
Once the official notification is out, Sharma would formally take charge as the new chairman for a period of three years, The Financial Express reported.
Khullar, who had taken charge of the TRAI on 14 May 2012, retired last week.
A 1978-batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre, Sharma had worked in the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). An IITian from Kanpur, he is not new to telecom issues as he is a member of the Telecom Commission.