- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
RS Sharma likely to take charge as TRAI chairman
NEW DELHI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will have another bureaucrat as its chairman. Ram Sewak Sharma, currently serving as secretary in the department of electronics and information technology, is set to replace Rahul Khullar.
Once the official notification is out, Sharma would formally take charge as the new chairman for a period of three years, The Financial Express reported.
Khullar, who had taken charge of the TRAI on 14 May 2012, retired last week.
A 1978-batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre, Sharma had worked in the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). An IITian from Kanpur, he is not new to telecom issues as he is a member of the Telecom Commission.