- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
DAS Phase III customers can take STBs on rental basis, says TRAI
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has informed cable TV subscribers in digital addressable system (DAS) Phase III areas that they can also take set-top boxes (STBs) on rental basis.
As per the standard tariff package devised by TRAI, customers can take STBs on rental basis with a nominal refundable security deposit of Rs 400 and Rs 800.
The details of schemes are available on TRAI’s website as well as on the websites of the local cable operators (LCOs) and multi-system operators (MSOs).
However, the LCOs and MSOs can also provide other schemes for STBs as per their business plans. The subscribers are free to choose any scheme.
After 31 December, cable TV consumers in Phase III areas can watch only through an STB.
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has also set up a toll-free number I-800-180-4343 in eight Indian languages (Hindi, English, Bangla, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada) to answer queries of consumers and stakeholders on the aspects of digitisation.
Digital cable TV service allows consumers to subscribe to channels/services of their choice and budget their bills. The consumers get good quality reception for all the channels.