- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
DAS Phase III customers can take STBs on rental basis, says TRAI
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has informed cable TV subscribers in digital addressable system (DAS) Phase III areas that they can also take set-top boxes (STBs) on rental basis.
As per the standard tariff package devised by TRAI, customers can take STBs on rental basis with a nominal refundable security deposit of Rs 400 and Rs 800.
The details of schemes are available on TRAI’s website as well as on the websites of the local cable operators (LCOs) and multi-system operators (MSOs).
However, the LCOs and MSOs can also provide other schemes for STBs as per their business plans. The subscribers are free to choose any scheme.
After 31 December, cable TV consumers in Phase III areas can watch only through an STB.
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has also set up a toll-free number I-800-180-4343 in eight Indian languages (Hindi, English, Bangla, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada) to answer queries of consumers and stakeholders on the aspects of digitisation.
Digital cable TV service allows consumers to subscribe to channels/services of their choice and budget their bills. The consumers get good quality reception for all the channels.