- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Broadband subscribers increased 2.79%; Reliance Jio added nearly 4 mn subs
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 2.79% to 284.23 million in April compared to 276.52 million in March, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has revealed, based on data received from the service providers.
Top five service providers constituted 88.04% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of April.
These service providers were Reliance Jio Infocom Ltd (112.55 million), Bharti Airtel (52.25 million), Vodafone (39.76 million), Idea Cellular (24.09 million) and BSNL (21.58 million).
Reliance Jio added 3.87 million new users. The subscriber additions, however, were lower than March’s 5.83 million. The Mukesh Ambani-owned carrier’s market share increased to 9.58%, from 9.29% in March.
Atria Convergence Technologies took its subscriber base up from 1.17 million to 1.19 million. The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.87 million), Bharti Airtel (2.09 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.19 million), MTNL (1.00 million) and You Broadband (0.63 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (112.55 million), Bharti Airtel (50.17 million), Vodafone (39.75 million), Idea Cellular (24.09 million) and Reliance Communications (14.00 million).