- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Broadband subscriber base increases 2.62% to 140.10 mn by Jan end, says TRAI
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has said that the number of broadband subscribers has increased 2.62 per cent to 140.10 million at the end of January 2016, from 136.53 million at the end of December 2015.
As on 31 January, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.90 million), Bharti Airtel (1.68 million), MTNL (1.12 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.89 million) and YOU Broadband (0.51 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (31.02 million), Vodafone (26.23 million), Idea Cellular (22.04 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.37 million) and BSNL (10.26 million), as per data provided to TRAI by the service providers.
The top five service providers constituted 83.25 per cent market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of January 2016. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (32.70 million), Vodafone (26.24 million), Idea Cellular (22.04 million), BSNL (20.16 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.49 million).