- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Broadband subscriber base increases 2.62% to 140.10 mn by Jan end, says TRAI
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has said that the number of broadband subscribers has increased 2.62 per cent to 140.10 million at the end of January 2016, from 136.53 million at the end of December 2015.
As on 31 January, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.90 million), Bharti Airtel (1.68 million), MTNL (1.12 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (0.89 million) and YOU Broadband (0.51 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (31.02 million), Vodafone (26.23 million), Idea Cellular (22.04 million), Reliance Communications Group (15.37 million) and BSNL (10.26 million), as per data provided to TRAI by the service providers.
The top five service providers constituted 83.25 per cent market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of January 2016. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (32.70 million), Vodafone (26.24 million), Idea Cellular (22.04 million), BSNL (20.16 million) and Reliance Communications Group (15.49 million).