- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
Broadband subscriber base grows to 60.87 million in March: TRAI
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased to 60.87 million at the end of March 2014, with the monthly growth rate clocking 4.95 per cent.
The broadband subscriber base stood at 58 million at the end of February 2014, as per data provided by broadband service providers to TRAI.
The wired subscribers increased 0.41 per cent to 14.86 million in March. Mobile devices users jumped 6.54 per cent to 45.61 million. Fixed wireless segment grew by 2.56 per cent to 400,000.
Top five broadband service providers constitute 83.12 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of March 2014. They are BSNL (16.76 million), Bharti (12.36 million), Idea (7.23 million), Reliance (7.22 million) and Vodafone (7.02 million).