- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
Broadband subscriber base grows to 60.87 million in March: TRAI
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased to 60.87 million at the end of March 2014, with the monthly growth rate clocking 4.95 per cent.
The broadband subscriber base stood at 58 million at the end of February 2014, as per data provided by broadband service providers to TRAI.
The wired subscribers increased 0.41 per cent to 14.86 million in March. Mobile devices users jumped 6.54 per cent to 45.61 million. Fixed wireless segment grew by 2.56 per cent to 400,000.
Top five broadband service providers constitute 83.12 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of March 2014. They are BSNL (16.76 million), Bharti (12.36 million), Idea (7.23 million), Reliance (7.22 million) and Vodafone (7.02 million).