- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Broadband subscriber base grows to 60.87 million in March: TRAI
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased to 60.87 million at the end of March 2014, with the monthly growth rate clocking 4.95 per cent.
The broadband subscriber base stood at 58 million at the end of February 2014, as per data provided by broadband service providers to TRAI.
The wired subscribers increased 0.41 per cent to 14.86 million in March. Mobile devices users jumped 6.54 per cent to 45.61 million. Fixed wireless segment grew by 2.56 per cent to 400,000.
Top five broadband service providers constitute 83.12 per cent market share of total broadband subscribers at the end of March 2014. They are BSNL (16.76 million), Bharti (12.36 million), Idea (7.23 million), Reliance (7.22 million) and Vodafone (7.02 million).