- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Broadband subs grew 5.82% to 276.52 mn in March
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 5.82% to 276.52 million at the end of March 2017 from 261.31 million at the end of February 2017, as per reports received from service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Top five service providers constituted 87.48% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of March 2017. These service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (108.68 million), Bharti Airtel (49.13 million), Vodafone (37.72 million), Idea Cellular (24.70 million) and BSNL (21.67 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti Airtel (2.08 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.17 million), MTNL (1.01 million) and You Broadband (0.62 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (108.68 million), Bharti Airtel (47.04 million), Vodafone (37.71 million), Idea Cellular (24.70 million) and Reliance Communications (14.01 million).