- Present Bimal Gurung, Others in Madan Tamang Murder Case Before Court, HC Tells CBI
- Chandigarh court rejects abortion plea of 10-year-old repeatedly raped by her uncle
- H-1B visa applicants being diverted to O visa: US Senator
- Delhi Doctor Kidnapped For 14 Days By Ola Driver For 5-Crore Ransom
- Around 30 feared dead as bus plunges into 300 metre gorge in Himachal Pradesh
- HC asks police to file status report in Sunanda Pushkar case
- No war, but skirmishes with China cannot be ruled out
Broadband subs grew 5.82% to 276.52 mn in March
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 5.82% to 276.52 million at the end of March 2017 from 261.31 million at the end of February 2017, as per reports received from service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Top five service providers constituted 87.48% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of March 2017. These service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (108.68 million), Bharti Airtel (49.13 million), Vodafone (37.72 million), Idea Cellular (24.70 million) and BSNL (21.67 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti Airtel (2.08 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.17 million), MTNL (1.01 million) and You Broadband (0.62 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (108.68 million), Bharti Airtel (47.04 million), Vodafone (37.71 million), Idea Cellular (24.70 million) and Reliance Communications (14.01 million).