- PM Narendra Modi seeks to repair Russia ties on Europe tour
- Kerala government to call all-party meet to discuss cattle slaughter law
- Supreme Court Allows Bihar Liquor Firms To Dispose Stock Outside State
- Deliberately didn't reveal Zika cases to public: Gujarat government
- Rampur molestation: 4 accused arrested, hunt on for remaining
- Mohammad Shahabuddin, former RJD MP taken into CBI custody in journalist Rajdeo Ranjan murder case
- Foam Back In Strength In Bengaluru's Varthur Lake, Sprays Motorists
- Search operations in Pathankot after abandoned bag with army uniforms found
Broadband subs grew 5.82% to 276.52 mn in March
MUMBAI: The number of broadband subscribers increased 5.82% to 276.52 million at the end of March 2017 from 261.31 million at the end of February 2017, as per reports received from service providers by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Top five service providers constituted 87.48% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of March 2017. These service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (108.68 million), Bharti Airtel (49.13 million), Vodafone (37.72 million), Idea Cellular (24.70 million) and BSNL (21.67 million).
The top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti Airtel (2.08 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.17 million), MTNL (1.01 million) and You Broadband (0.62 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (108.68 million), Bharti Airtel (47.04 million), Vodafone (37.71 million), Idea Cellular (24.70 million) and Reliance Communications (14.01 million).