- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
BECIL asked to conduct audit of Amritsar MSO’s headend by TDSAT
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has asked Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL) to conduct an audit of Amritsar-based multi-system operator (MSO) God Father Communication’s headend and to submit a report as to whether or not the MSO’s system is compliant with the statutory norms.
Since the MSO is not getting any signals and is yet to commence its business, the tribunal has asked BECIL to conduct the audit at its own cost It has also asked BECIL to submit the audit report within three weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
IndiaCast UTV had conducted two audits of the MSO’s headend in which it was found to be non-compliant with the statutory norms.
However, God Father’s counsel Vikram Singh disputed the correctness of the reports of audit conducted by IndiaCast.
“Under the circumstances, the proper course would be to ask BECIL to make an audit of the petitioner’s headend and to submit a report as to whether or not the petitioner’s system is compliant with the statutory norms,” the tribunal said in an order.
The matter has been put up under the same heading on 18 May.