- Honeypreet's bail plea: Delhi High court reserves order, asks her to surrender
- MIB seeks compliance report from Arasu on digitisation
- Pakistan court to indict Nawaz Sharif on October 2 in corruption cases
- Narendra Modi's 16000 cr Saubhagya scheme for households
- 894 dengue cases in New Delhi over last week
- SBI cuts minimum balance requirement in savings account to Rs 3000
- Malegaon blast accused Major Ramesh Upadhyay gets bail from Bombay High Court
BECIL asked to conduct audit of Amritsar MSO’s headend by TDSAT
MUMBAI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has asked Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL) to conduct an audit of Amritsar-based multi-system operator (MSO) God Father Communication’s headend and to submit a report as to whether or not the MSO’s system is compliant with the statutory norms.
Since the MSO is not getting any signals and is yet to commence its business, the tribunal has asked BECIL to conduct the audit at its own cost It has also asked BECIL to submit the audit report within three weeks from the date of receipt of a copy of this order.
IndiaCast UTV had conducted two audits of the MSO’s headend in which it was found to be non-compliant with the statutory norms.
However, God Father’s counsel Vikram Singh disputed the correctness of the reports of audit conducted by IndiaCast.
“Under the circumstances, the proper course would be to ask BECIL to make an audit of the petitioner’s headend and to submit a report as to whether or not the petitioner’s system is compliant with the statutory norms,” the tribunal said in an order.
The matter has been put up under the same heading on 18 May.