- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
58 mn broadband subscribers in India, says TRAI’s latest data
MUMBAI: There were 58 million broadband subscribers in the country at the end of February 2014, according to data provided by sector regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Of the 58 million subscribers, mobile device users formed a bulk with 42.81 million subscribers. Wired broadband subscribers stood at 14.8 million while fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio and VSAT) comprised around 390,000 subscribers.
Top five broadband service providers constituted 82.92 per cent market share of the total broadband subscribers. They were BSNL (16.37 million), Bharti (11.99 million), Reliance (7.10 million), Idea (6.50 million) and Vodafone (6.14 million).
Top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.39 million), MTNL (1.10 million), You Broadband (0.37 million) and Beam Telecom (0.37 million).
Top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti (10.60 million), Reliance (6.98 million), Idea (6.50 million), BSNL (6.38 Million) and Vodafone (6.14 million).