- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
58 mn broadband subscribers in India, says TRAI’s latest data
MUMBAI: There were 58 million broadband subscribers in the country at the end of February 2014, according to data provided by sector regulator Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Of the 58 million subscribers, mobile device users formed a bulk with 42.81 million subscribers. Wired broadband subscribers stood at 14.8 million while fixed wireless (Wi-Fi, Wi-Max, point-to-point radio and VSAT) comprised around 390,000 subscribers.
Top five broadband service providers constituted 82.92 per cent market share of the total broadband subscribers. They were BSNL (16.37 million), Bharti (11.99 million), Reliance (7.10 million), Idea (6.50 million) and Vodafone (6.14 million).
Top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.98 million), Bharti (1.39 million), MTNL (1.10 million), You Broadband (0.37 million) and Beam Telecom (0.37 million).
Top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti (10.60 million), Reliance (6.98 million), Idea (6.50 million), BSNL (6.38 Million) and Vodafone (6.14 million).