- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Zing to launch fiction ‘Aye Zindagi’ with Rithwik Dhanjani as host
MUMBAI: Youth GEC Zing is launching a brand new fiction show ‘Aye Zindagi’ with television heartthrob Rithwik Dhanjani as the host on 26 January.
Keeping with its brand promise of #thatsmything, the show will present thrilling stories of Indian hinterlands.
Speaking about the new show, Zing business head Vishnu Shankar said, “Youth is the most exciting and at the same time the most alarming stage of growing up. Struggling through peer pressure, parental control and mixed emotions, little chance do they get to introspect and think through life choices. And these at times lead to bad judgement. But there is always hope at the end of the tunnel and ‘Aye Zindagi’ instills that hope. Our endeavour is to tell life altering stories of youngsters who didn’t budge to the wrong and took a second chance at life.”
Dhanjani said, “When I heard the concept of the show, what intrigued me were the realness of the stories. ‘Aye Zindagi’ touches upon stories that do touch our lives. And there is no preaching in the show. There is no sending a message, not asking people to follow what’s right and wrong. It’s just reflection of life stories which appealed to me. It’s also first of a kind show for me different from the romantic shows I have done. Here, I am personally involved in all the stories. There are episodes where I am interacting with the characters of the story which is new.”