- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Zindagi’s new drama to deal with child trafficking
MUMBAI: Zindagi is set to launch a new drama ‘Nanhi’, which will highlight social issues like child trafficking and girl child education.
Starting 14 January, the show will air every Monday to Saturday at 10.20 pm.
Written by Mona Haseeb and produced by Iqbal Ansari, ‘Nanhi’ tells the story of a sheltered 15-year-old girl who has been brought up by a midwife who steals newborn babies from hospital and trades them for money. To keep her crime a secret, the midwife keeps Nanhi locked up at home. Nanhi, who has grown up caring for the stolen babies, develops an obsession with babies and wants a child of her own. The story begins to unravel when the midwife accidently kills one of the newborns while trying to evade the police.
Essaying the central character Nanhi is actress Sajal Ali, while the ensemble cast includes actors like Asma Abbas, Shahood Alvi and Javed Sheikh.
Zindagi and Zee Anmol cluster head Priyanka Datta said, “Zindagi has promised to showcase some of the best shows from across the globe. ‘Nanhi’ is a very unusual and poignant story.”