- Disney set to take driver’s seat in India with the addition of Star, Tata Sky
- DishTV launches new offers in Tamil Nadu
- Nothing is finalised on pay hike of Indian cricketers: CK Khanna
- Exit polls predict BJP victory in Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh elections
- Govt. clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Congress Request Ahead of Gujarat Poll Counting Rejected By Supreme Court
Zindagi to air ‘Shehr E Ajnabi’ from 3 February
MUMBAI: ‘Shehr E Ajnabi’, an inspiring story of a girl who strives hard to fulfil her dreams against all kinds of ordeals, is set to premier on 3 February at 10:20 pm on Zindagi.
Ufaq is the lead protagonist of the show who is denied the right to live a normal life and is torn between her ideals and reality. Actress Kiran Haq essays the role of Ufaq; Uzma Gillani as Mahapara Khala, Javed Shiekh as Azam, Saba Faisal as Ufaq’s mother and Ahmed Ali as Haris also play pivotal roles on the show. The intriguing show is directed by Mohsin Talat and written by Memona Khursheed Ali.
Ufaq is an intelligent girl who belongs to a middle class household. She is ambitious but her orthodox parents want her to forget her dreams and get married. She is independent in her thoughts but at the same time, she follows the rules which the society and family have made.
Due to immense pressure, Ufaq is frustrated and depressed because of her parents and is forced to leave her dreams behind. Mahapara Khala tricks her into the alliance and entices her into marrying Haris. Ufaq agrees to Khala only on a condition that she will study further after marriage.