- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Zindagi to air new show ‘Vasl’ from 2 May in weekday 9 pm slot
MUMBAI: Zindagi’s new show ‘Vasl’, which will premiere on 2 May, will air every Monday – Saturday at 9 pm.
Directed by the renowned Mehreen Jabbar and written by Sameera Fazal, it has Adnan Siddiqui in the lead role as Hashim and Ayesha Khan as Heena.
‘Vasl’ is the story of Heena, a girl from a middle-class family, who is married to a Pakistani settled in the US. A dutiful wife, Henna tries her best to mould herself to the American way of life and to her husband’s sophisticated and westernised lifestyle.
He, however fails to accept her and constantly tells her to change. Hashim sends his wife Henna to Pakistan to meet her parents. Having not met her family in 12 years, Henna happily agrees and takes the children to Pakistan to visit her family. A few days into their visit, on the pretext of an urgent school project, Hashim calls the kids back to the US. Anxious to see her children, Heena prepares to return to the US, only to receive divorce papers from her husband.
Thus starts Henna’s struggles to deal with this shocking turn of event and her fight to get her children back. Betrayal, fury, helplessness and loneliness lead a gentle natured and timid Henna to find strength in herself and deal with every challenge head-on to get her kids back. She discovers herself in the process.