- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Zindagi to air first Ukraine show ‘Snowdrop’
MUMBAI: After showcasing Turkish shows, Zindagi is all set to introduce shows from Ukraine. The first Ukraine show to air on the channel is ‘Snowdrop’.
Zindagi will premiere ‘Snowdrop’ on 16 January. Replacing ‘Fatamagul’, the new show will air Monday to Saturday at 9 pm.
‘Snowdrop’ is a story of two step sisters, Nadya (Marina Dyakonenko) and Irina (Catherine Tyszkiewicz), entrenched in a sibling rivalry that pushes each other over the edge.
The show revolves around Nadya, an innocent, good hearted and hard working girl, who gets wrongly framed for an accident. Irina, her beautiful, spoilt and manipulative step sister, and the man that both of them are in love with is Igor. He is the heir to a cosmetics empire. A tragic accident kills Igor’s beloved sister. Igor, who loved Nadya, loses all his trust in her after the ill-fated incident. Irina takes advantage of the situation and convinces Igor to marry her.
‘Snowdrop’ received blockbuster ratings in Ukraine. After its runaway success in Ukraine, the format was licensed to countries like Mexico, China, Taiwan and Italy.