- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Zee’s English news channel WION launches on Videocon d2h
MUMBAI: DTH service provider Videocon d2h has added Zee Media Corporation’s newly launched English news channel WION (channel #367).
Earlier, WION, which launched on 15 August, was available on a free-to-air (FTA) basis on four direct-to-home (DTH) and two cable TV platforms.
On DTH, WION was available on Dish TV (channel no 605), Reliance Digital TV (channel no 459), Tata Sky (channel no 628) and Airtel Digital TV (channel no 999). The channel position on Airtel Digital TV is temporary. On cable, the channel is available on Siti Cable and DEN Networks.
Further, the channel is accessible via satellite in 37 countries.
The 24-hour news channel promises to deliver the day’s top stories both national and international at any point of time.
“We have been relentless in our pursuit to gratify our customers’ with an exceptional viewing experience. With this addition, subscribers of Videocon d2h will have one more opportunity to stay informed with the latest headlines and breaking news from the network,” Videocon d2h executive chairman Saurabh Dhoot said.
According to CEO Anil Khera, “Videocon d2h has been extremely aggressive and innovative when it comes to technology upgrades, new content offerings and launching new services all in an effort to keep ahead of current industry trends. Addition of Z WION is a fulfilment of our promise to provide the best channels and content across all genres.”
Videocon d2h currently claims to offer 570+ channels and services, including a host of regional channels. It also offers smart services like Smart English and Smart Games. The other active services include d2h Hollywood HD, d2h music, d2h spice, d2h cinema in both SD and HD.