- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
ZEEL’s &TV to launch on 2 March
MUMBAI: &TV, the new Hindi general entertainment channel (GEC) from Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) is all set to hit TV screens on 2 March.
The channel will have a game show hosted by Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan. Called ‘India Poochega: Sabse Shaana Kaun?’ the flagship property will air at 9 pm from Monday to Friday.
As reported earlier by TelevisionPost.com, &TV will launch with 20–21 hours of original programming.
The channel had unveiled four shows in the fiction space as part of its first phase. Produced by Saregama Productions, ‘Begusarai’ is a show presenting rustic India. It will present various facets of India that are yet unknown. Film-maker Tigmanshu Dhulia has been roped in to design the first look of the multi-starrer show.
Next up is a historical show ‘Razia Sultan’ produced by Swastik Productions. Set in the 13th century, the story has been penned by Mihir Bhuta with art direction by Omung Kumar.
The channel will delve into the comedy space with ‘Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hai’ produced by Edit II Productions. It will peek into the lanes of Kanpur, showcasing two neighbouring couples.
Shot in the metro of Kolkata is the soap ‘Badii Devrani’ by Shashi-Sumeet Productions. The family drama will bring out the essence of relationships.