- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
ZEEL to launch Thai Bollywood channel Zee Nung
MUMBAI: In line with its positioning of ‘Vasudhaiva Kudumkam’ (The world is my family), ZEEL is launching a Thai Bollywood channel Zee Nung on 22 May.
The launch follows the company’s foray into the Indonesian market with Bahasa-dubbed Bollywood channel Zee Bioskop.
In a recent interaction, ZEEL MD and CEO Punit Goenka had revealed that the company was expanding into new territories including Thailand as part of its strategy to reach one billion viewers globally by 2020. The company already runs local-language channels in Russia, Indonesia and the Middle East.
ZEEL has a library of more than 3,000 Bollywood movies. The channel will hand-pick movies that will be dubbed in Bahasa. Zee Nung carries the tag line ‘Bollywood ni Thai’ (Bollywood in Thai).
“We are launching the channel after a lot of research that clearly shows there is appetite for Bollywood content dubbed in local language. Zee Nung is customised for local Thai population,” says a source close to the development.
The soft launch of the channel happened on 15 May and it is under free-view period till the official launch which is 22 May. The channel will be available on CTH, Thailand’s biggest pay TV operator.
Initially, the channel will have fewer ads. However, it will start carrying ads down the line. “While Zee Nung is a pay channel, we will also have ads on the channel going forward,” the source added.
The company has also appointed Vasihali Kasturia as the country head for Thailand. Based out of Bangkok, she will report to ZEEL Asia Pacific business head Sushruta Samanta.