- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
ZEEL to launch new TV channel for French audiences in Africa
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) has announced the launch of a new television channel, Zee Magic.
Zee Magic is a completely customised general entertainment channel for French audiences in Africa, showcasing French dubbed Indian movies, series, food, reality shows and much more.
The channel will be available on the Canal Plus overseas platform on #51 from 1 October.
“Our corporate philosophy of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ meaning ‘The world is my family’ is at the forefront of bringing authentic and entertaining content to our fast growing audiences across the globe”, said Essel Group & ZEEL chairman Dr. Subhash Chandra.
“Zee Magic is a dedicated French offering from Zee for Francophone Africa. All content has undergone extensive research and we are very excited to be the first to offer Bollywood in French to our viewers,” said Africas CEO Harish Goyal.
The new launch comes after ZEEL successfully launched Zee World, an English-language general entertainment channel showcasing Indian content for viewers in Sub Saharan Africa early this year.
With a strong worldwide presence, boasting over 36 international channels which entertains 959+ million viewers across 169 countries, ZEEL first ventured into Africa 19 years ago as the brand’s first international territory. Its widely acclaimed flagship channel Zee TV has been present on DSTV since 1996 & Canal Plus since 2006.
Zee Magic will launch with three award winning series, ‘Remarriage’, La Promesse’ and ‘Lien Sacre, and blockbuster Bollywood movies.