- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
ZEEL seeks ideas from writers, directors for TV and online projects
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) has taken an unconventional route to hire creative talent for its TV channels. The entertainment major has invited ideas from budding writers and directors for its various projects across TV, online and video-on-demand (VoD) platforms.
The company is looking to hire fresher fiction and non-fiction directors to handle shows across genres for its various platforms. It has asked TV and film writers to share their ideas and concepts with the ZEEL team even if they have not written a serial or reality show.
The successful directors will be given the mandate to plan film and TV projects, schedule production, ideas and budget, supervise a team of associate directors, coordinate shoots, and direct and manage post-production. Script writing will be an added skill.
Ideal directors should possess excellent creative abilities, production sense, and aesthetic judgement. They should be storytellers at heart, team leaders and motivators for crew. They need to have excellent ability to rewrite scripts to suit the project, strong budget management skills, and the ability to come up with innovative methods.
Similarly, the budding writers should be talented and passionate, and have an eye for detail. They will aid in the process of planning, development, generation, and implementation of copy for all media. The company said that successful writers would get a highly collaborative environment, a diverse workload, an open forum for expression of ideas, and diverse opportunities to expand their writing and creative storytelling skills.
Interested candidates can send in their ideas on email@example.com or SMS IDEA to 57575. People from outside Mumbai are also welcome.