- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
ZEEL plans to launch two GECs next fiscal
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) is planning to launch two entertainment channels in the next fiscal.
The first to be launched within the next three months is Zee Zindagi. Targeted at the Tier II and III towns, Zindagi will mainly air Pakistani syndicated content which ZEEL had acquired at MipTV.
The second will be another Hindi general entertainment channel, taking the total number of the company’s GECs to five. Expected to be called &TV, the channel will be expanding ZEEL’s ‘&’ brand in the Hindi GEC space. ZEEL already has flagship GEC Zee TV and free-to-air channel Zee Anmol, apart from repeat channels 9X and Zee Smile.
&TV is expected to capture the Tier I cities with differentiated programming. The company has announced the appointment of Rajesh Iyer as business head – new initiatives Hindi broadcast. Sources confirmed to TelevisionPost.com that he will be heading the new channel.
Industry pundits believe that ZEEL is planning to build ‘&’ as a parallel brand, like Star India’s ‘OK’. Two years back, Star India had shut its second GEC Star One and launched Life OK. It then went on to launch Hindi movie channel Movies OK.
It is learnt from sources that &TV will take at least 6–8 months to go on air.
Last year, ZEEL had appointed Doris Dey and Sunanda Gupta Jenna as head of fiction and non-fiction respectively for the channel. While Dey had moved from Endemol India, Jenna was creative director at Colors.