- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
ZEEL acquires telecast rights of slate of movies from Eros
MUMBAI: Eros International Media said on Friday that Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) has acquired the telecast rights of a slate of movies from its catalogue.
ZEEL’s purchase includes a number of catalogue films from Eros’ vast library and pre-sales for a few forthcoming films.
Movies that will be showcased exclusively on Zee network include Riteish Deshmukh- and Nargis Fakhri-starrer ‘Banjo’, slated for a theatrical release on 23 September, the family drama ‘Nil Battey Sannata’, and the widely appreciated ‘Aligarh’ starring Manoj Bajpayee and Rajkummar Rao.
Apart from the recent releases, the licence deal will give ZEEL access to Eros’ blockbuster catalogue films like ‘Housefull’, ‘Heyy Babyy’, ‘Cocktail’, ‘Vicky Donor’ and ‘Omkara’.
TelevisionPost.com had earlier reported that ZEEL has purchased five films, namely ‘Baar Baar Dekho’, ‘Rock On 2′, ‘Banjo’, ‘Nil Battey Sannatta’, which released in April, and ‘Aligarh’.
Eros International Media managing director Sunil Lulla said, “This deal signifies yet another step towards cementing our long association with Zee Network. We continue to exploit our significant library, and the content-licensing deal with Zee is consistent with our pre-sales strategy. These tailor-made packages from our broad film repertoire will suit audiences across networks and maximise the potential from the television broadcast.”