- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zee World secures paid distribution on Africa’s leading pay TV network
MUMBAI: ZEEL-owned Zee World, Africa’s English general entertainment channel showcasing Indian and Bollywood content, has secured exclusive paid distribution on the continent’s largest DTH & DTT platform Multichoice Africa. It reaches 7.5 million subscribers.
Multichoice Africa controls 70 per cent of the pay TV market in Africa. Zee World has been delivering good ratings since launch in February this year. In June, the channel delivered its highest GRP of 104.4.
It has consistently ranked among the top 3 GEC’s on the platform, Zee World said in a release.
Zee World was launched without any subscription income on non-exclusive basis with Multichoice Africa’s DStv (channel 166) nad GOtv (channel 25).
MCA has been monitoring and evaluating the channels progress using its in-house return path data ‘DStv-i’ since launch.
Zee World’s increasing popularity and viewership among mainstream viewers has compelled MCA to keep it exclusive on DStv & GOtv and use it as driver channel to increase their subscriber base in Africa, it added.
“This landmark distribution deal with Multichoice has reaffirmed the popularity and acceptance of Indian content among mainstream population of Africa,” said Zee TV South Africa Harish Goyal.