- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Zee TV’s viewership falls, spat with Hathway continues
MUMBAI: The week ended 9 August saw all Hindi GECs, excepting Zee TV, experience a gain in their viewership.
Incidentally, Zee TV’s distribution could have been impacted to some extent following its spat with Hathway Cable & Datacom.
Since 1 August, Hathway has been offering Zee TV and other affiliate channels from the group on a la carte basis.
As per TAM data for Week 32 (sourced from subscribers) for Hindi-speaking markets, Zee TV lost 23 GVMS (gross television viewership in millions) compared to previous week.
Star Plus and Colors, meanwhile, added 35 and 28 GVMs respectively during the same period.
Despite a fall, Zee TV remained the second most-watched Hindi GEC, followed by Colors, Life OK, Sony Entertainment Television (SET), SAB and Zindagi.
The list saw six shows from Star Plus (‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’, ‘Mahabharat’, ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’, ‘Saathiya’,’ Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ and ‘Pyaar Ka Dard Hai’), while Zee TV had two (‘Kumkum Bhagya’ and ‘Jodha Akbar’). SAB and Colors had one show each, ‘Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma’ and ‘Sasural Simar Ka’, respectively.
Interestingly, the top three spots were held by Star Plus, while Balaji Telefilms’ ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ came in fourth. ‘Jodha Akbar’ came down to the sixth spot.
Top 5 non-fiction/weekend shows
Colors kept its lead with two of its shows, ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’ and ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Ja’, as top two non-fiction shows with peak TVMs of 8.9 and 5.2 respectively.
At No 3 was SET’s flagship crime series ‘CID’, which clocked 4.7 TVMs, followed by ‘Crime Patrol’ with 2.3 TVMs and the grand finale of ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuchh Bhi Karega’ (2.2 TVMs).
Only one new show ‘Jamai Raja’ was launched on Zee TV (Mon–Fri 8:30 pm). It opened with a viewership of 5.9 TVMs and averaged at 5.5 for the week with a reach of 12.8 million and a total time spent of 12.7 minutes.