- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Zee TV to premiere ‘Raees’ on 25 June
MUMBAI: After airing Aamir Khan’s 2016 hit film ‘Dangal’, Hindi GEC Zee TV is all set to premiere Shah Rukh Khan’s 2017 blockbuster ‘Raees’. The film will premiere on 25 June at 12 noon.
The movie is a star-studded extravaganza with Shah Rukh Khan, Mahira Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in lead roles. Directed by Rahul Dholakia, the film is set in the hinterlands of Gujarat and narrates the story of a clever bootlegger whose business is challenged by a tough cop.
The film captures the journey of ‘Raees’ who, as a child, learns the tricks of the liquor smuggling business and later decides to branch out on his own once he grows up. In an age-old war with the IPS officer Majmudar (Niwazudin Siddique), a dangerous cat-and-mouse chase starts when Majmudar gets transferred to the same city as Raees.
Intoxicated by success and power, Raees not only reaches unimaginable heights but is also drawn into dirty politics, earning him countless enemies. His final consignment turns out to be a betrayal by those closest to him.