- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Zee TV to launch chat show with Sajid Khan, Riteish Deshmukh
MUMBAI: Hindi GEC Zee TV is sprucing up its content mix with a new chat show ‘Yaaron Ki Baraat’ with Sajid Khan and Bollywood actor Riteish Deshmukh as hosts.
Deshmukh will make his debut as a host on Hindi GEC. The launch date of the new show has not been revealed.
The 10-week show will put celebrity friendships to test through a series of fun challenges and tasks. Known for their quirky one-liners and impeccable comic timing, Riteish and Sajid will add their own touch of fun, frolic, spice and quirky humour to the show.
It will feature some of the most sought-after hot-steppers of Tinseltown sportingly taking on dares, parodying the most iconic scenes from cult films, spilling the beans on each other, and more.
Zee TV & Zee Studios business head Akash Chawla said, “’Yaaron Ki Baraat’ is part of our festive bonanza that we have in store for our audiences. Diwali centres around families and friends bonding and celebrating their togetherness. It’s the perfect time to watch ‘Yaaron Ki Baraat’, with the seasoned chat show host Sajid Khan, who has endeared himself to audiences with his razor-sharp wit and Riteish Deshmukh, who has a natural flair for comedy. Besides, they’re great friends themselves and their chemistry as hosts will be absolutely spontaneous.”
Deshmukh said, “While I have hosted awards ceremonies, this will be my first time as the host of a chat show on a Hindi GEC. To host a show celebrating friendships with a close friend like Sajid feels apt. He has a great sense of humour, an impeccable sense of comic timing and together, we hope to create the right kind of light atmosphere for the celebrities to open up and share things they haven’t spoken of. We look forward to entertaining audiences and letting them experience the friendships of their favourite stars.”