- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
ZEE TV to expand programming hours
MUMBAI: Aiming to ramp up eyeballs, Hindi GEC Zee TV is expanding its daily programming hours and bringing in some new content.
Currently, ZEE TV has four hours of daily primetime programming on weekdays, featuring eight fictional shows. From 6 February, the channel will be extending its original programing hours to four and a half hours daily with the launch of new romantic drama ‘Bin Kuch Kahe.’
The new show will air at 6.30 pm, every Monday to Friday. ‘Aji Sunte Ho’, which currently airs at 6.30 pm, will be shifted to 6 pm.
‘Bin Kuch Kahe’ is the story of a Punjabi mother who has single-handedly raised three daughters, each with a distinct personality of her own, and has hopes from each of them. The show follows the journey of youngest daughter Myra Kohli, who dares to defy and make her own rules.
Zee TV will also launch another romantic drama ‘Woh Apna Sa’ on 23 January at 10 pm. This will be its first show launch in 2017.
‘Who Apna Sa’, produced by Alchemy Films, will replace Zee TV’s existing show ‘Yeh Vaada Raha’.
In February, Zee TV will also launch the sixth season of its kids singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs’.
The channel currently airs three fiction shows—‘Kaala Teeka’, ‘Jamai Raja’, ‘Kumkum Bhagya’—six days a week. ‘Kum Kum Bhagya’ is the flagship show that draws maximum eyeballs and is a top five show in the Hindi GEC genre. The other shows featured during prime time are ‘Sanyukt’, ‘Zindagi Ki Mahek’ and ‘Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani.’
Earlier, ZEEL MD Punit Goenka had stated that Zee TV intended to up its programming hours to around 30 a week. He also revealed the channel’s plan for current and coming financial years. Goenka stated that a new team was putting together a content pipeline for re-launch in the fourth quarter of this fiscal year itself.