- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
ZEE TV to air Aamir Khan starrer ‘Dangal’ on 21 May
Mumbai: Hindi GEC Zee TV is all set to air ‘Dangal’, Bollywood’s biggest grosser in 2016, on 21 May at 12 pm.
While Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEEL) bought the satellite telecast rights of ‘Dangal’ for Rs 75 crore, Netflix acquired the digital streaming rights of the Aamir Khan starrer for Rs 20 crore.
Produced by Walt Disney India and Aamir Khan Productions, the sports biopic collected Rs 107 crore in the debut weekend and Rs 197.55 crore during the opening week of release.
‘Dangal’ has netted Rs 387 crore at the domestic box office, beating Aamir’s previous best ‘PK’ which earned Rs 340 crore.
Directed by Nitesh Tiwari, ‘Dangal’ revolves around wrestler Mahavir Phogat (Aamir Khan) who, after his failure at winning a gold medal for the country, vows to realise his dreams by training his daughters Geeta (Shaikh) and Babita (Malhotra) for the Commonwealth Games.