- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Zee TV set to launch fantasy series ‘Jaanbaaz Sinbad’ on 27 Dec
MUMBAI: After two superhero series, namely ‘Maharakshak: Aryan’ and ‘Maharakshak: Devi’, Hindi GEC Zee TV is now set to launch a weekend fantasy fiction series based on ‘Sinbad the Sailor’.
Titled ‘Jaanbaaz Sinbad’, the show will premiere on 27 December and will occupy the channel’s 7–8 pm band on Sundays.
Co-produced by Sagar Pictures and Ashwini Yardi, ‘Jaanbaaz Sinbad’ is a big-budget show. It will take viewers on a voyage to discover the undiscovered and into a tumultuous journey across every sea, through dangerous face-offs with wizards, sorceresses, strange tribes and creatures.
Zee TV has zeroed in on actor Harsh Rajput to play the role of Sinbad in the series.
The tales of Sinbad are part of the ‘One Thousand and One Nights’, a collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories and folk tales compiled in Arabic during the Islamic Golden Age. It is often known in English as the ‘Arabian Nights’.
Though Sinbad was a relatively later addition to ‘One Thousand and One Nights’, the stories found its place in Sagar Film’s popular Hindi show ‘Alif Laila’ on DD National, which aired every week in the primetime between 1993 and 1997.