- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Zee TV set to launch fantasy series ‘Jaanbaaz Sinbad’ on 27 Dec
MUMBAI: After two superhero series, namely ‘Maharakshak: Aryan’ and ‘Maharakshak: Devi’, Hindi GEC Zee TV is now set to launch a weekend fantasy fiction series based on ‘Sinbad the Sailor’.
Titled ‘Jaanbaaz Sinbad’, the show will premiere on 27 December and will occupy the channel’s 7–8 pm band on Sundays.
Co-produced by Sagar Pictures and Ashwini Yardi, ‘Jaanbaaz Sinbad’ is a big-budget show. It will take viewers on a voyage to discover the undiscovered and into a tumultuous journey across every sea, through dangerous face-offs with wizards, sorceresses, strange tribes and creatures.
Zee TV has zeroed in on actor Harsh Rajput to play the role of Sinbad in the series.
The tales of Sinbad are part of the ‘One Thousand and One Nights’, a collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories and folk tales compiled in Arabic during the Islamic Golden Age. It is often known in English as the ‘Arabian Nights’.
Though Sinbad was a relatively later addition to ‘One Thousand and One Nights’, the stories found its place in Sagar Film’s popular Hindi show ‘Alif Laila’ on DD National, which aired every week in the primetime between 1993 and 1997.