- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Zee TV expands weekday primetime to 5 pm
MUMBAI: Zee TV has expanded its weekday primetime offering, now starting at 5 pm, with two shows dubbed from their regional originals airing on Zee Marathi.
The dubbed versions will give the shows a national audience. The shows dubbed in Hindi are ‘Mohe Piya Milenge’ (dubbed version of ‘Julun Yeti Reshim Gaathi’) and ‘Mile Sur Mera Tumhara’ (dubbed version of ‘Eka Lagnachi Teesri Goshta’).
Starting today, the channel will present the new shows from Monday to Friday at 5 pm, in an all-new primetime slot ‘Ummeed Ke Naye Rang’.
Zee TV business head Pradeep Hejmadi said, “It has been our constant endeavour to enrich our content offering and bring more and more great stories and characters to our viewers and the extension of our primetime is a step in that direction. There is no pecking order for ideas and stories. When we were generally looking at ideas, we realised that on Zee Marathi there were some good stories, and when we tested a few of the stories in other markets, they were quite nice. So, we evaluated whether we should completely re-create or dub. When we dubbed the shows, they were well received by the viewers. The two Marathi shows are a mere beginning—viewers can look forward to some vibrant regional content from different parts of the country dubbed in Hindi on ‘Ummeed Ke Rang’ in the times to come.”
‘Mohe Piya Milenge’ captures how a mature husband helps his wife connect with the man she loves rather than exposing or humiliating her for this breach of trust. ‘Mile Sur Mera Tumhara’ follows the lives of two young lawyers, Om and Isha, who fall in love with each other.
Both the shows feature Marathi actors like Sukanya Kulkarni, Girish Oak, Umesh Kamat, Spruha Joshi and Lalit Badane.