- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Zee Tamizh to launch second season of ‘Dance Tamila Dance’
MUMBAI: After witnessing three seasons on Zee TV in Hindi, Zee Tamizh is now all set to localise the second season of the popular dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance’ in Tamil as ‘Dance Tamila Dance Little Masters’.
Launching on 19 July and airing at 8 pm on weekends, the second season of the show will feature junior talents showcasing their dancing skills. The first season that produced talents like Santhosh, Black and Adhithya is now scouting for junior talents across Tamil Nadu.
It will see kids within the age of 14 years present a variety of dance styles. The talents were seen in open auditions held all over South India showcasing their unique styles. The contestants were then put through mega rounds of auditions to test their ability to adapt to different styles.
At the end of the mega auditions, finalists moved on to compete in the competition’s main phase where they will perform solo, duet and group dance numbers in a variety of styles.
The participants will be judged by the votes of the broadcast viewing audience, which, combined with the input of a panel of judges, determines which dancers will advance to the next stage from week to week.
The jury panel this season comprises actress Simran and Bollywood choreographer Chinni Prakash.
Participants will groove to a variety of Indian and international dance styles ranging from classical, contemporary, Bollywood, hip-hop, jazz, Kalaripayattu, salsa, samba and musical theatre styles, etc., with many sub-genres within these categories.
The show is choreographed by popular choreographers Poppy, Anto Jeorge and Jani.